Teen Center: About Us
Eagle’s Police Department is proud to partner with The Landing Community Center. Their dedicated staff are truly remarkable. The Landing provides a safe and caring environment for eagle’s youth where positive leadership and healthy habits are formed and reinforced. The Landing is a place where a child can be a child. I strongly encourage supporting the efforts of The Landing as they build health community through healthy youth.
Chief Brian Hippie Eagle Police Dept.
Welcome to The Landing Teen Center
Our After School Program opens at 3:00pm and runs until 6:30, Monday through Friday. Teens can come and play games, hang out or get some help with school work.
Location: 175 E. Mission (across the street from Eagle Elementary) in Eagle Idaho.
Membership: is only $25/year!
A Little About The Landing Teen Center
If you decided to come and hang out with us at the Teen Center your experience could be something like this. You walk in the doors at 3:00pm and you would find Galen hanging out with some teens on some well worn, donated couches. Feel free to be your self and know that you can talk about anything!
What Might You Hear?
The conversation you might hear could be about anything. You are very welcome to participate. Nothing is off limits.
- You would find that you were free to express your own opinions and feelings about stuff without being judged or interrupted from the staff.
- You might see some teens playing pool, maybe some board games, or at times battling old fashion games on our Nintendo 64. You also could become part of some Frisbee throwing or tossing a football around.
- You would see signs that said “You Time” and “Rest Fest” and you would probably wonder what they meant and Galen would gladly explain.
- You would probably notice that there was a lot of music, all kinds of music and you would be invited to pick songs on YouTube to share with the rest of us. If your favorite song was on your ipod we could hook it up to our sound system and play it.
- If you are into painting and stuff, there is Open Studio in the Art Room once a week.
- If you came on a Thursday you could join the brave teens that have come to enjoy our Green Smoothies. These Smoothies are made fresh every Thursday and the best thing about them is that they are very healthy and really affordable!
- You would hear talk about the Teen Center Vibe which you could also ask the staff or other teens to explain. You would also probably notice that we are very flexible and easy going.
- You would find all kinds of teens at the Teen Center and we like it that way.
- You are welcome to be just who you are.
So now you know a little about our Teen Center, so why don’t you come and check us out so we can get to know a little about you!
FOR MORE INFORMATION
The Landing Teen Center
Galen Caldwell, Teen Staff
Phone: (208) 939-0385
For 6th graders… a parent or guardian MUST attend an orientation. Orientations are offered EVERY WEDNESDAY from 6-6:30pm in the Teen Center