The Eagle Food Bank is run entirely by volunteers! Your service helps us to continue our mission of providing food assistance toour neighbors in Eagle and Star.
There are opportunities to volunteer in several different ways:
Assisting with food drives (varying opportunities)
- Distribution days
Sorting/Shelving received donations at the food bank (weekly opportunities)
- Purchasing milk and eggs monthly (with food bank funds) (monthly opportunities)
Picking up donations from local schools (varying opportunities)
- Picking up donations from Albertsons (weekly opportunities)
- Picking up donated bakery items from Albertsons (weekly opportunities)
- Picking up donations from the Library (biweekly opportunities)
- Picking up donations from the Main Fire Station (biweekly opportunities)
Collecting boxes from the liquor store (biweekly opportunities)
At this time, our volunteer schedule is filled. There are usually additional opportunties to volunteer available even after the schedule is completed.
Emails to fill an upcoming schedule are sent out to anyone who has previously expressed an interest in volunteering at the Eagle Food Bank.
- Volunteers can choose to volunteer weekly, monthly or as needed–whatever fits your schedule best.
The schedule runs from January-June, June-August, August-December.
If you would like to volunteer at the Eagle Food Bank, contact: Karen Arguello by email at: email@example.com or call the food bank message phone #631-0702.
Middle School Students Needing Service Hours:
- There are very limited opportunities to volunteer at the food bank during the spring semester simply because we have less food actually coming into the food bank to be sorted/shelved.
- Please consider running your own small food drive (in your neighborhood, contact Albertsons to set up a table, etc). It’s fun and helpful! Then you can come to the food bank to sort and shelve any food you collect.
- See our Donations Page for items that we regularly need at the food bank.