The mission of The Landing Community Center is to come along side people of all ages, regardless of ethnicity, religious, or economic diversity, so as to enrich the quality of the physical, mental, and social life of each individual and family in our community.
To work in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and city agencies to help lay the groundwork for healthy youth, healthy families and a healthy community.
Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring, Equality and Social Justice
In keeping with our mission, the Center’s goals are to:
- ensure that no one is turned away for reasons of inability to pay;
- to help build a sense of community and belonging among neighborhood residents;
- to cultivate an environment for the arts;
- to provide opportunities for social activities, education, social development and nourishment to at-risk children of all ages;
- to provide opportunities for social activities, education, social development, and nourishment to older adults;
- to provide short-term emergency food relief;
- to organize and sponsor community events for education, socializing, and celebration;
- to organize and offer volunteer opportunities;
- to provide space for individuals and groups to meet, learn, and celebrate;
- to provide information about community issues, people, and events; and
- to refer people requesting assistance to appropriate individuals and agencies.